Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Runebound game day two

We are on Day two of our game, we are using the new market variant where when you do a market step you can choose between weapons, armor, allies or magic items, it seems to be working really well, and I don't think I will ever play this game again without this variant.

We also tried a new thing on this game, we each started with 3 level up tokens (one each of mind, body and spirit) which essentially makes us start the game as 4th level, we also each randomly drew one weapon and one armor of 6 gold or less, and we removed all the green adventure markers that were not on a sunburst.

I must say that this game started out feeling like we did not need to do any green's at all, which is good because we were trying to figure out a way to shorten the game. So far it seems to be working rather well, and just might be a good variant for advancing the game at the beginning.

Sheila has already attempted a red, and it was Margoth, she certainly had the potential to kill him, but she rolled really bad on one of the defense rolls which killed her right off, after adding all her bonuses from items and such, she was still just one away from blocking his hit. She lost her money and her highest cost item which was the teleport rune. I think she only got to use that once.

So far it is a pretty close game, Sheila is level 10, And I am level 7, I think Sheila is sitting a little better then me, but I still I'm still in the game and it could go either way, I guess we will find out tomorrow when we hopefully finish this one.

No comments: